WHAT IS SURF THERAPY?
Surf Therapy is a popular form of nature adventure therapy that combines group and individual activities with surf experiences that promote psychological, physical and psychosocial well-being.
THE BENEFITS OF SURF THERAPY?
Surf therapy provides numerous long term positive benefits. Some of these benefits include:
- Improved sleep quality
- Reduced anger and depression
- Reduced anxiety and stress
- Improved physical health and mobility
- Improved mental health
- Increased self confidence
- Improved skills in resilience, coping and self-empowerment
- Improved social skills
- Improvements to positive functioning
- Improved quality of life
WHO IS THIS SESSION FOR?
- Persons seeking tools and practices to sustain personal mental health and emotional wellness
- Ocean lovers and nature-minded people
- Persons with water experience and comfort in the ocean
- Persons seeking to connect with a community dedicated to individual, social and nature healing
- Those seeking healthy and fun recreation in a safe, brave and nurturing environment
COSTS AND WHAT TO EXPECT?
Our Surf Therapy sessions take place outdoors and in the ocean using proven Groundswell Surf Therapy™ models and facilitated by a Groundswell-certified Surf Therapy Facilitator.
This session is community-focused and centered around Blue Mind research, mindfulness and wholistic nature healing.
This session also involves guided breath work and other mindfulness techniques.
The cost of this session is JMD $4000 per person